Rooms located in the Informatics Space (N502, N504, N510, etc.,) and several can be scheduled to have meetings related to the Informatics Activity. Walk-in spaces with views towards Hancher and Iowa River are beautiful and peaceful to work on your projects.
General Policy for using the Space:
- Informatics reserves the right to block any spaces if required.
- Physical Keys are available for Faculty and Staff Offices. To request - Click here.
- To Request Electronic Access to the informatics space (N500 CPHB) for after hours/weekends you will need to submit the following request https://workflow.uiowa.edu/form/informatics-request-for-access-n500cphb
Please note: you must have a sponsoring UI3 or IGPI Affiliated Faculty, Advisor, Supervisor or Administrator to request access
- Carts & Cabinets are available for checkout with a maximum checkout length of one semester. For availability contact email@example.com.
- Monitors will be provided at all formal workspaces. Desktop computers have been provided at some workspaces but individuals are encouraged to bring their laptops.
- To host an event in the Informatics space please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please clean up after yourself.
Space Types & Reservation Policies
- Unassigned Work Spaces – First come, first serve.
- Collaboration Rooms – Advanced scheduling directly via Outlook.
- Collaboration Spaces (Informal) - First come, first serve.
- Grad Student Space – Reserved for Informatics Cluster Students and IGPI Students. Workspaces may be assigned upon request by supervising faculty to Informatics.
- Faculty Offices – Reserved for Informatics cluster faculty, cluster faculty collaborators, and affiliates working on strategic projects. Cluster faculty can book directly via Outlook. Others may request space by emailing Informatics. Space is limited so please only reserve the times you need.
- Staff Offices – Reserved for Informatics staff. Contact Informatics.edu for availability.
Room Names (for Outlook Scheduling)
The technology available in all the collaboration rooms includes: a Windows PC, HDMI for your laptop, a large TV screen, an Apple TV input, and a microphone and video camera (for video conferencing).
- RES-CPHB-N502 – 12 People
- RES-CPHB-N504 – 12 People
- RES-CPHB-N510 – 6 People
- RES-CPHB-N512 –30 People
- RES-CPHB-N523 – 6 People
Please click on the MS Word Document for details on:
- How to add the two available printers on Windows and Mac machines
- How to connect your Mac/Windows machine to the TV screens in the collaboration rooms