We invite to all faculty, staff, and students engaged in scholarship, teaching, research, service and/or outreach in informatics, big-data, and related areas to join an informatics community of practice coordinated/facilitated by the University of Iowa Informatics Initiative (UI3). The University of Iowa Informatics Initiative (http://informatics.uiowa.edu/) is a campus-wide initiative designed to foster new collaborations, to cultivate new research opportunities across campus from health care to digital arts and humanities, and to educate and train the next generation workforce with the skills to transform information into knowledge and actions. Affiliates will have opportunities to shape the direction of UI3 and access resources associated with the initiative.
Benefits of affiliation include:
- Being profiled in the UI3 web page
- Inclusion in the UI3 mailing list
- Voting rights on UI3 matters
- Access to UI3 administrative and support service staff, and
- Access to UI3 infrastructure (including computational resources and collaboration space)
We ask you to please take a moment to fill out the affiliation invitation form. (It is easy – will take only 5 minutes!)