IGPI Student Travel Support
The Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Informatics (IGPI) offers travel support to Ph.D. students based on availability of funds. Travel support is typically provided to attend conferences in which the student is presenting peer-reviewed research. Priority in funding will be given to students who have not received funding in the recent past, and to students presenting in more selective venues.
We also encourage you to seek funding from the following sources:
- Graduate Student Senate travel funds (https://gss.grad.uiowa.edu/funding/gss-travel-funds)
- Graduate and Professional Student Government funds (https://gpsg.uiowa.edu/grants-for-students/)
- Sally and Ken Mason travel funds award (if applying in the Fall semester)
- Your advisor, especially if you are conducting externally funded research
To apply for funding:
Email the IGPI Program Coordinator, Andrea Flaherty (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a request,
and copy the Associate Director for Informatics Education, Juan Pablo Hourcade (email@example.com) and your subprogram's Director.
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology-Terry Braun- firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Informatics-Nick Street- email@example.com
Geoinformatics-David Bennett- firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Science-David Eichmann- email@example.com
Your request should include:
- An attachment with proof of acceptance of the peer-reviewed research to be presented
- The website, location, meeting dates, and acceptance rate of the venue where you will be presenting
In addition, please ask your advisor to send us an email including information on whether the research to be presented is part of an externally funded project.